Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Kaelin

Kaelin woke today in good spirits. She didn't have a fever but we did notice a few red spots starting to appear on her belly. I thought, "Aha! It must be Roseola!" Roseola usually causes a high fever with no other symptoms for 5 to 7 days and then as the fever breaks, a rash forms for a few hours to a couple of days. I felt like we finally had the answer to what hs been going on.

She got really sleepy around 11 am and by 11:30, the poor girl just couldn't hang on any longer so I put her to bed. She was asleep before I closed the door. She woke at 3:15 crying and when I went up to get her she was really hot to the touch. I took her temperature and it was 103. Not good. Obviously the rash is just a reaction to the fever and not a symptom of roseola since the fever was still hanging on.

Square one.

For the next hour she stayed in my arms, quiet and still. She even fell asleep a few times here and there. I called the pediatrician and I took her in while David stayed with Reese. The Doctor looked in her ears and found the problem. All this time it was an ear infection causing all the trouble. He was amazed that she never complained about her ears hurting or indicated that they might be the culprit. I was amazed that the damn ER Doctors on Saturday night didn't even bother to check them. If they had we could have possibly had her better by now. I think I will be writing a letter about that one. Not happy.

We have a prescription for an antibiotic now so hopefully she will start to feel better soon. I don't know how much more of this any of us can take!

No comments:

Post a Comment