Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I swore I would never do this ...

.. but I took a pair of scissors to Kaelin's hair today. For a while I have thought it would look so cute if it fell just to her jawline and it finally got the better of me. After the first cut I realized that there's a reason people go to school for this. First, our "sharp" scissors .. well, apparently not so much. Second, I have no idea how you cut a straight line on a squirmy toddler.
It took a good 20 minutes just to get it to a point where it might be passable at school tomorrow. After that we're racing to the salon and having a professional fix Mommy's shoddy work.
Kaelin must have sensed my trepidation ... about halfway through (completely out of the blue) she exclaimed, "Mooooom! I have to go to schoooool tomorrow! Uuugh."
Thanks for the vote of confidence kid.



After all was said and done, she loved her haircut. Luckily she doesn't know how to work a mirror to see the back. In the photo it actually looks like I did a good job ... but since her head is cocked you can't see that it's a tad uneven. You also can't see the back .. which is pretty sad if you see it up close.
It will be super cute when she gets touched up tomorrow though!

1 comment:

  1. She looks adorable. and I love her outfit!!

    ReplyDelete