Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I have sent her portfolio to the HIGH ..

Yesterday, for the first time, Kaelin drew something and told me what it was ....
Below are her interpretations of Mommy and Daddy.

At first I just thought it was cute ... but after looking more closely, I have determined that she is an artistic genius...




The first one she told me was "Mommy"

My interpretation? Well ... first ... I see a figure bowed down .. there to be of service, as moms usually are. Not to mention that the girls are a tad spoiled (yes, I'm working on that) so I see the figure in an "as you wish" stance. That was a quick dose of reality.

I also see a lot of embellishment on the head ... mommy DOES tend to spend a lot of time on her hair ... what can I say?

Of course, you can't miss the wings on the back ..
mommy is an angel you see.
It's just sooo obvious!

(I would also like to take a moment to thank her for making mommy's lower half smaller than the top .. smart girl .. she's getting ice cream for breakfast for that one)






Now for "Daddy" ....
When David is with the girls, it basically looks like a tornado .. a lot of spinning and throwing and dancing and screaming and jumping ... right side up .. upside down .. round and round and round and round and round.
It's truly exhausting to watch.

I think she captured that spirit perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm good with your interp of the second. But the first one is a mosquito.

    -- Daveswife AM

    ReplyDelete