Thursday, October 25, 2007

open letter to my sweet kaelin ...

My dear,
I feel I must point out that Mommy is an artist. I have been drawing and painting since I was your age. I majored in studio art while I was in college.
In fact, there have even been times when my art has made me money.

Pardon me while I toot my own horn (stop giggling .. yes, mommy said 'toot') but I am good at what I do.

So, my darling, the next time Mommy spends 15 minutes using face paints to carefully paint a picture of your beloved Elmo on your squirmy little leg .. I would appreciate it if upon completion you didn't stare at it for 2 minutes and then ask in a questioning tone, "Elmo???"

It would also be much appreciated if you don't run and grab a wipe the second my back is turned and commence the frantic scrub down of my masterpiece.



sheesh.


I love you ... but from now on I'm concentrating my artistic whims on your sister. SHE thinks I'm fabulous.


Love and kisses,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment