Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Seriously?

I was surfing the web catching up on recent events and stumbled upon THIS CNN article.

I think my brain is about to explode.

As if we don't already have enough Paris Hilton's in the world. Ick.

Now I must admit that as a mom who wears horrendously overpriced designer jeans, shops obsessively at Sephora, and revels in the glory of botox, that my girls will probably be a tad ... um ... conscious of such things.

Most likely, they will see manicures and facials as normal upkeep .. not a splurge or something to be done on special occasions. When they come to me at 14 saying they are going to dye their hair some vile shade of purple.. well, fine .. but I'll be damned if they don't have it done by a professional colorist.
It's not that I'm trying to raise obnoxious, bratty kids... it's just that .. well, I'M their mom. It's the whole osmosis thing. (See mom .. I did learn something in those few days I actually went to science class!)

With all that said, they will never be allowed to step foot into an Abercrombie store, they will never wear those hideous short skirts that have words scrawled across their rear ends (an 8 year old with the word, "cherry" her butt?! Um, no.) And until the year they wise up and figure out how to leave the house wearing one thing and change in the car before school, they will not be wearing tops that show their bellies.

So, maybe some will look and me and pity my kids. Maybe pity me. Whatever.
That website though ... eesh. At least my kids won't be learning that
kind of crap.
[My darlings .. always remember that your Daddy works with computers ... we will know every click you make on these machines.]

Of course, the creator of the site puts it all in perspective ..
Nicolas Jacquart, the 23-year-old Web designer from Tooting, south London, who created it was quoted in the Daily Mail as saying: "It is not a bad influence for young children. They learn to take care of their bimbos. The missions and goals are morally sound and teach children about the real world."

Ahh .. now I get it. Silly me. I feel so much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment